JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR CCT -WAMA DIRECTOR
JOB ADVERTISEMENT FOR CCT -WAMA DIRECTOR
The Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) is a faith-based organization (FBO) committed to realizing the full potential of the member churches and organizations to improve the wellbeing of the Tanzanian citizens, Spiritually, Economically, Socially, culturally and Politically. The Council is now seeking a competent, dynamic individual with knowledge /technical understanding of leadership, business and religious institutions to fill in the position.
Position Title: Director
Reports to: CCT Executive Committee through the General Secretary
Location: Dar es salaam
Length of Contract: 3 years – renewable
- ABOUT CCT-WAMA
CCT – Wakala wa Makanisa (WAMA) was esterblished in 1979 as a self-accounting unit of Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT) entrusted to perform clearing of consignments(goods), through customs processes, at Dar es Salaam port, as its core function. Other functions include: transportation of goods to upcountry regions, vehicle repair, insurance agency, procurement, warehousing and distribution of liturgical accessories. CCT –WAMA’s clientele consists of a number of churches (in the form of Dioceses), church affiliated institutions, Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and missionaries within and outside Tanzania. In most cases the clients in Tanzania are importers (consignes) while those outside Tanzania, mainly in Western Europe and United States of America (USA), are shippers (consignors).
- QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
The holder of this position must have the following:
- Holder of a Master Degree or above preferably in Business Administration, Economics, Transport Management or any other related field with at least 5 years of relevant professional experience in similar position.
- Knowledge/Skills and experience working in a senior/supervisory position in fields associated with clearing and forwarding.
- Excellent organizational skills and adherence to protocols.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with good command of English and Kiswahili.
- Strong computer skills especially MS Word, Excel and outlook/email system/calendar.
- Should have team working spirit, excellent time management skills, flexible and ability to multi-task.
- Highly trustworthy and ability to maintain confidentiality is required
- High level of acceptance by churches and church-related actors of various confessions.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Managing, planning and co –ordinating all CCT-WAMA’s functions.
- Ensuring effective overall management and supervision of clearing and forwarding activities and services to churches in Tanzania.
- Overseeing the planning and execution of CCT- WAMA projects.
- Convening, taking minutes and keeping records of the Advisory Board meetings.
- Preparing annual budgets and submitting them to the Board through the General Secretary.
- Reviewing regularly, actual performance plans and budgets and Submitting reports to the Board through the General Secretary detailing performance with recommendations for action necessary to correct adverse variances.
- Establishing the responsibilities of his/her immediate subordinates and delegating the necessary authority for them to discharge their duties.
- Making recommendations to the office of the General Secretary for staffing levels required by CCT-WAMA and ensuring that effective procedures are established and observed for recruitment, training and development of staff at all levels.
- Ensuring that the CCT-WAMA activities conform to law.
- Safeguarding the CCT -WAMA’s financial position and ensuring the discharges of its financial obligations.
- Ensuring all CCT- WAMA’s financial transactions are authorized and controlled in accordance with agreed procedures and the proper system of internal controls are maintained.
- Carrying out the functions of CCT -WAMA with due diligence.
- In Consultation with the General Secretary, suggesting and maintaining external relationships with such entities as; Government, Ministries, Embassies, Business associates, International persons and Institutions, etc ) as deemed advisable in the interests of CCT-WAMA and CCT in general.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Committee through the General Secretary.
The applicant must be a devoted Christian from CCT member Churches and must have his/her application endorsed by a Bishop or Church Leader, enclosed with copies of certificates and an up to date CV; with names and addresses of two referees.
How to apply:
Applicants should send their application letter and CV via email or mail to:-
Christian Council of Tanzania (CCT),
P. O. 1454
Deadline for sending application is 10th September, 2020. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. CCT is an equal opportunity employer; women are encouraged to apply.