SEMINAR FOR WIDOWS FROM CCT MEMBER CHURCHES IN MOROGORO REGION HELD AT MWTC FROM 26TH – 30TH NOVEMBER, 2018
Morogoro Women Training Centre (MWTC) invited 30 widows from member Churches of CCT in Morogoro to the five day seminar which was held at the Centre from 26th to 30th November 2018. The twin goals of the seminar were:
- To reduce income poverty among the widows;
- To empower the widows to advocate for and demand their legal rights as widows and women in general.
- Equip them with skills in manufacturing simple but marketable domestic and industrial products.
- Broaden their knowledge on entrepreneurship and business education.
- Expose them to procedures in registering their small and medium size enterprises and accessing loan facilities in the country.
- Expose them to services provided by the Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO).
- Broaden their knowledge on laws that advocate for and protect their rights as widows and as women.
The seminar was also to be used by them as an opportunity for them to meet, know each other, share their experiences, best practices and challenges as widows.
Facilitators were drawn from:
- Zanzibar Anglican Church (Secretary of the Mothers Union) for instructions on quality food preparations.
- Morogoro Para-Legal Centre.
- Tanzania Bureau of Standards.
- Small Industries Development Organization (SIDO).
- Morogoro Municipality.
At the end of the five days seminar participants thanked the management of the MWTC for providing them with trainings in areas that will enable them transform their lives and that of their families. They resolved among other things to put into practice knowledge and skills gained in quality food preparations, entrepreneurship and legal literacy.